Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

DIY Photo Quilt

I love quilts! Note that I did NOT say quilting, just quilts. Don't get me wrong I would absolutely love to be able to do them, like my Mom, but I just CAN'T! I'm just not a talented sewer. I made a quilt for my Zach our second Chirstmas together and it was one of the hardest things I have ever done and of course I had to get lots and lots of help from my Mom. However if any of you love to quilt then this is a really fun kind of quilt to make.



How to...
First upload your photos to your computer. Enhance and resize your photos if you need to and do some trial runs on normal paper first. What I wish I would have known is that you first need to flip the picture on your computer so that when you iron on your pictures they won't be backwards. Unless you have a super nice printer that can just print on fabric that would be fantastic!
I used something like this
Avery T-Shirt Transfer Iron-on transfers
Print your picture onto this and iron it onto your fabric and be sure to choose a type of fabric that won't shrink. Yep, it's that easy.

Here's a closer look at the one I did. I put all of my favorite pictures of us on it from different stages of our relationship. From when we were dating and I had short hair and my husband had long hair...


And then our first couple years after we were married...


Then when I had the quilting done I had the lady put Z's on the dark navy blue squares and and K's on the lighter blue squares, which are our first initials. I also hand stitched around all of the pictures for a cute border.





I know it's not the most beautiful quilt in the world, but I'm pretty darn proud of it! And I hope it inspired you!

Linking up...

Tip Junkie handmade projects

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!
Hugs! ~Kristin

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP